Re: Forthcoming draft: draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions

2012-01-26 18:55:02
Shall we also set up a formal committee to hear patent filing accusations, a
jury of nomcom-eligible members to pass judgement on the claim, an appeals
board for the party that feels the jury made the wrong decision, a process
document for the IESG to hear the appeal from the appeals board, a process
document for the IAB to hear the appeal from the IESG, a process document for
the ISOC President to hear the appeal from the IAB, and a prayer to G-d if the
ISOC President gets appealed?

Would it not be easier if we just did public flogging?  It is so much easier to
do and so much more fun to watch.

On Jan 26, 2012, at 6:21 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions-00.txt

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Pete
Resnick
Sent: 26 January 2012 23:12
To: IETF-Discussion list
Subject: Forthcoming draft: draft-farrresnickel-ipr-sanctions

Just a heads-up:

Adrian Farrel and I started work on a draft to focus discussion on
sanctions that could be applied to violators of the IETF's IPR policy.
Because of incidents like the present one, we've each been asked by WG
chairs and others what can be done in response to such violations. We've
centered our draft around sanctions that are available under current
IETF procedures, not introducing new ones. The draft  should be
available in the I-D repository soon. We think this could usefully
become an RFC and we would welcome discussion.

Thanks,

pr

Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102