Re: Last Call: <draft-george-travel-faq-03.txt> (IETF meetingattendees' Frequently Asked (travel) Questions) to Informational RFC

2012-02-08 03:56:05
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Farrell" <stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Cc: "The IESG" <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 12:30 AM

This is pretty good already. Some additional FAQs I'd
suggest below. Feel free to take 'em or leave 'em, I'll
not be upset.

- "Anyone found a cheaper hotel option?" In addition to the
main and backup hotels, the reality is that some IETF attendees
prefer to stay elsewhere. If there are things worth recommending
about that, people will be interested, esp. in cost and flocking
together.

- If there's any crazy hotel booking rules related to the main
or backup hotels, additional explanation is usually useful

3.1: - maybe add "non flight options" sometimes places are
drivable or accessible via train for enough attendees to be
noteworthy

3.1.1.1 - where to find the taxi rank at the airport

3.1.1 - commuting info for those not in main hotels, incl. e.g.
mass transit daily/weekly tickets etc. routes

3.2.1 - places to get a grab'n'go sandwich etc.

3.3 - local etiquette maybe, but I can't think of a good
example that wouldn't insult somebody:-)

Which motion of the head means yes, and which means no?

Tom Petch

Cheers,
S.