Re: IETF Last Calls and Godwin-like rules

2012-02-16 09:33:46
    > From: John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>

    > When those notes come from people who do not routinely participate on
    > IETF lists

Well, that's the $64 million question, right? I mean, I don't personally
subscribe to every IETF-related list, so I have no idea if the people who are
posting are active in some subset of the IETF, just not (previously) this
list. And does someone have to have spoken up on a list, to have just as much
right to an opinion as a frequent poster? Some people are just naturally quiet.

I'd say that if anyone has been subscribed to any IETF list _prior_ to the
call to 'join in', their opinion ought to have just as much weight as those
of us who have historically been more wordy on the main list.

        Noel