Re: SEARS - Search Engine Address Resolution Service (and Protocol)

2012-02-16 19:24:12
Todd Glassey wrote:

So SEARS is a method of replacing the DNS roots with a well-known
service portal providing a Google or other SE based access model.  The
session can interface with traditional HTTP or DNS-Lookup Ports to
deliver content or addresses to a browser in the form of a HTTP redirection.

It's no different from plain search engine with "I'm feeling
lucky" turned on.

The protocol specification is almost done and is intended to make
threats of attacks against the DNS roots less of an issue.

I heard that Anonymous is planning to attack root servers.

Is it google who hired them to promote SEARS. :-)

Anyway, root servers are (or will be) anycast with a lot less
centralized management than google servers that they are more
resistant against attacks.

                                                Masataka Ohta