Re: SEARS - Search Engine Address Resolution Service (and Protocol)

2012-02-17 10:09:07
On 2/16/2012 11:20 AM, Worley, Dale R (Dale) wrote:
How do you find the "well-known service portal" if DNS isn't working?

You have to manually enter a fail-over providers address when you
install it.

Todd

Dale

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Todd Glassey [tglassey(_at_)certichron(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:30 AM
To: dnsop(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; IETF Discussion Mailing List
Subject: SEARS - Search Engine Address Resolution Service (and Protocol)

So SEARS is a method of replacing the DNS roots with a well-known
service portal providing a Google or other SE based access model.  The
session can interface with traditional HTTP or DNS-Lookup Ports to
deliver content or addresses to a browser in the form of a HTTP redirection.

The protocol specification is almost done and is intended to make
threats of attacks against the DNS roots less of an issue.

Todd

--
Todd S. Glassey - CISM CIFI
CTO Certichron Inc

This message contains information which may be confidential and/or
privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the intended recipient), you may not read, use, copy or
disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s)
thereto without retaining any copies.

Further we have a formal OPT OUT Policy posted on our website pertaining
to the use of any Email Addresses gleaned or taken from any source, web,
mailing lists, previous customer lists etc. In all instances we choose
to formally OPT OUT and this notice constitutes formal disclosure that
you may not collect, buy or sell or provide access to this email address
or any pertaining to our DNS MX Record Publication License posted on the
web at http://www-wp.certichron.com/?page_id=3947.