Re: [core] Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-link-format-11.txt> (CoRE Link Format) to Proposed Standard

2012-02-17 10:08:27
Hi Carsten,

Somehow, luck is not how I would have described the process.

I think if you thought it important enough to do a WGLC in November 2011,
you maybe should have made it for longer than a week and avoided the US
Thanksgiving holiday.

We had several groups interested in possibly using CoAP but I was holding
off looking at the draft until WGLC.  I guess with the response below, the
guidance will be to use what is there else find another solution
(fortunately, the work you are doing can be replaced with other solutions
if does not map to our commercial needs).

I think I will have a look at the diffs.  I was on the reflector and seem
to recall more than just editorials going in to the specification after
the first WGLC (which I recall at the time being wildly premature with
respect to the maturity of CoAP.....)

Don