On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Roy T. Fielding <fielding(_at_)gbiv(_dot_)com>
wrote:

How many times do we have to do this before we declare insanity?
I don't care how much risk it adds to the HTTP charter.  They are
all just meaningless deadlines anyway.  If we want HTTP to have
something other than Basic (1993) and Digest (1995) authentication,
then it had better be part of *this* charter so that the proposals
can address them.

Well, Digest already isn't used by anyone :)

Seriously, someone needs to propose some charter language or this
discussion is a no-op.  -Tim