DNS Rule Transmission is a new tool in anti-spam controls

2012-02-27 11:20:21
I want to point out that the ability and use of DNS to transmit policy statements is a valuable tool in dealing with certain types of DMA sponsored emails which many of us wish would go away.

The idea of being able to send a statement of the use rules for a MX record for instance is a very powerful process in new networking models which are more policy driven in form.

Clearly the TXT records can carry these types of statements but it would seem to make sense to allow some pre-approved tags and response mandates to be used as well.

Todd
--
Todd S. Glassey - CISM CIFI
CTO Certichron Inc

This message contains information which may be confidential and/or privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the intended recipient), you may not read, use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) thereto without retaining any copies.

Further we have a formal OPT OUT Policy posted on our website pertaining to the use of any Email Addresses gleaned or taken from any source, web, mailing lists, previous customer lists etc. In all instances we choose to formally OPT OUT and this notice constitutes formal disclosure that you may not collect, buy or sell or provide access to this email address or any pertaining to our DNS MX Record Publication License posted on the web at http://www-wp.certichron.com/?page_id=3947.