Re: DNS RRTYPEs, the difficulty with

2012-02-28 23:27:53
Confirmed.  The menu option says "add SPF", but you end up with a TXT
record.
Embarrassed,
Stephan

On 2.28.2012 21:11 , "Scott Kitterman" <scott(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:02:13 AM Hector wrote:
Scott Kitterman wrote:
On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 02:51:24 AM Stephan Wenger wrote:
Godaddy, basic domain hosting at $10 per .com, allows you to set an
SPF
record.
Stephan

Of type TXT or type SPF?  I checked with someone who has domains at Go
Daddy and they couldn't find a mechanism for publishing Type SPF
records.
Long time customer of GoDaddy, I don't ever recall support for SPF
type or any new RR type outside the common ones, and even then I
believe SRV came later with newer UIs and as I see today, a BIG PUSH
to get you to add a DNSSEC record with an annoying POPUP box when you
enter the DNS manager.

I don't know if it does it on a cookie basis, but I just noticed it
today.

The only way I can see with GoDaddy is to export your zone file, edit
offline and then import.

What I think Stephan is pointing out, is that even though you always
had the ability to add a TXT record, there was an advanced special SPF
"marketing" option to select to got it started to add the TXT record.
  I don't recall it being a SPF rule wizard though, unless its changed
today.

I checked again and I'm told when adding a record there's an option to
add an
SPF record, but the record it adds is of Type TXT.

Scott K