Re: DNS RRTYPEs, the difficulty with

2012-02-28 19:24:52
Mark Andrews wrote:

If your DNS hosting company doesn't support them find another one
or complain to them.  You are paying them to host your DNS services
and this is a basic part of the job.

+1.

We have our own primary server and use GoDaddy as my domains registrar. I have all my domains name server fields pointing to our name servers, except for one testing domain specifically left to use the Godaddy hosting and name servers for this exact purpose of seeing what GUI DNS management and hosting features are available and how it evolved.

I just went to the site now to see whats there now and saw two new things:

1) The GUI is now pushing the addition of DNSSEC records with splash box shown when you start the DNS manager.

         "No DNSSEC record found"

and a URL link to explain more and a link to begin adding one. It was becoming annoying to continue to popup up.

2) Promotion of a premium DNS management service. Curious to see if

        "New! Add new RR type support!"

was an premium feature, I didn't see it outlined. Nothing screams out regarding support for new RR types or adding your own.

You were always able to always download, edit, upload your zone file. Didn't check to see if that was still available or removed.

--
HLS