Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised-13.txt> (FLUTE - File Delivery over Unidirectional Transport) to Proposed Standard

2012-02-29 10:54:40
At 07:53 29-02-2012, Vincent Roca wrote:
I didn't see you initial email (I'm not not on the ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing list), which explains why you didn't receive any feedback.

That explains why the authors did not respond to the comments. It does not explain why the working group asked the IETF Community to review the draft. Or is the working group using ietf@ as a unidirectional transport? :-)

From the Introduction Section:

  "This document defines FLUTE version 2, a protocol for unidirectional
   delivery of files over the Internet.  This specification is not
   backwards compatible with the previous experimental version defined
   in [RFC3926]"

The Write-up mentions that this draft represents the solid consensus of the working group. It also mentions that "The document is of high quality and has been subject to extensive review in its Internet Draft and Experimental RFC forms. The revised draft represents a modest set of changes from the original Experimental RFC 3926. These changes are clearly described in the document". This "modest set of changes" affects the IPR status of the document. The question which one might ask is why do a modest set of changes then.

Regards,
-sm