Re: [IETF] Add a link to the HTML version in i-d-announce mails ?

2012-03-06 10:03:01

On Mar 6, 2012, at 8:41 AM, Xavier Marjou wrote:

As a subscriber of the i-d-announce(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org list, I generally
prefer
reading the HTML version of the draft rather than the TXT version.

I thus often need to manually rewrite the TXT link to fetch the HTML
version of the draft. I can not believe I'm the only one.

Yup, you are not the only one -- this annoyed me sufficiently that I finally
gave in and wrote a Chrome extension to do this for me.
Basically it watches the address bard and looks for www.ietf.org/id/<foo> and,
depending on the setting in the options page, will redirect to the Tools or
Datatracker.

So, if I follow a link like http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-idr-as0-03.txt
the extension will notice and rewrite it to
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-as0-03 (or
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as0/ ).

This is my first extension/ javascript, and it's not particularity polished,
etc but if folk are interested it is on the tools page ( http://tools.ietf.org/
) or, direct:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aiccdpabeagpjcebilebhlifplfkinao

Share and enjoy.

Hence, would it be possible to also include a link like
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-name in the mail of the announced
draft?

Cheers,
Xavier