Re: provisioning software, was DNS RRTYPEs, the difficulty with

2012-03-07 21:11:09

In message
<9452079D1A51524AA5749AD23E00392807EFEF(_at_)exch-mbx901(_dot_)corp.cloudmark.c
om>, "Murray S. Kucherawy" writes:
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Mar
k Andrews
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 3:28 PM
To: mrex(_at_)sap(_dot_)com
Cc: johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: provisioning software, was DNS RRTYPEs, the difficulty with

Maybe you believe that NOTIMP should be limited to unsupported OPCODES on
ly?
But that is definitely not what the spec says.

Yet someone else that can't count beyond 1035.

Weren't you the one that said "Actually it is STD 13.  Get over it." earlier
in this thread?

Randy claimed that presentation formats were not standardised.  They
are.  Randy and others claimed that the presentation formats were
owned by BIND and they are not.

I never claimed that STD 13 was the be all and end all w.r.t. DNS.

STD 13 didn't follow the normal process required to make a STD.
There are lots of corrections to STD 13 in the RFC series.

I looked at least at the titles of all the documents that update 1035, and no
ne of them appear to be related to the above.  So where should we be looking?

-MSK
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org