Gen-ART LC review of draft-melnikov-smtp-priority-09

2012-03-13 14:26:36
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document: draft-melnikov-smtp-priority-09

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2012-3-13

IETF LC End Date: 2012-3-28

IESG Telechat date:

Major issues:

Minor issues:

1.       In section 4.2  "In absence of both the MT-PRIORITY MAIL FROM
parameter  and the MT-Priority header field, other message header fields,
such  as Priority [RFC2156] and X-Priority, MAY be used for determining the
priority under this "Priority Message Handling" SMTP extension." .      My
understanding  from the third bullet in this section is that for this case
the message priority is "0" so I am not clear what this sentence means and
why is there a  difference if the MT-PRIORITY or MT-Priority values do exist
with regards to "Priority" and "X-Priority" for this case.

2.       In section 8 "MT-PRIORITY=3". I did not see where the MT-PRIORITY
SMTP  extension is specified and has the syntax of using "=" before the
value.

Nits/editorial comments:

1.       MUA is used in section 1 but expanded only in section 5.

2.       Some typos in section 5. "syntatically - syntactically" "prioritiy
- priority" "comminicate - communicate" "contraints -constraints"

3.       In section 10 for X.3.TBD3 "Description:  The message mas accepted"
I assume you meant "was"

4.       In section D.2 first paragraph some typos "focusses -focuses"
"comparision - comparison"