Re: [lisp] WG Review: Recharter of Locator/ID Separation Protocol (lisp)

2012-03-13 14:44:19
John,

On 3/13/12 8:23 PM, John Scudder wrote:
Re cache management schemes, I think that depends on whether you mean "system
level behavior" of a small-scale system, or one operating at large scale or
under some kind of stress. The earlier discussion notwithstanding, for
practical purposes caching is central to LISP; as such, it's a little weird
to say it's architecturally unimportant.

I don't think Joel is saying that it is architecturally unimportant, but
rather that within the architecture it various caching schemes may work
better than others, and that experience may dictate the answer to this.
What are system effects, by the way, is its own interesting question.

Eliot