Re: Issues relating to managing a mailing list...

2012-03-14 20:28:26
On 2012-03-15 13:33, ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
I suppose I could live with this - but not actively support it - if the
stripping was limited to abusively large attachments - say ones over 5Mb or
thereabouts.

+0.9; maybe set the limit a bit lower, for those who still have network
capacity issues. However, it would be extremely inconvenient to have small
attachments stripped.

But otherwise it's a TERRIBLE idea, and will simply result in
everyone including the draft or whatever in the primary message text in order
to avoid this nonsense, which results in a degradation of list quality for all
concerned.

+1

    Brian