Re: Issues relating to managing a mailing list...

2012-03-15 12:55:01
"Russ" == Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> writes:

    Russ> Some suggestions have been made about the IETF mail lists.
    Russ> There is a way for mailman to strip attachments and put them
    Russ> in a place for downloading with a web browser.  This would be
    Russ> a significant change to current practice, so the community
    Russ> needs to consider this potential policy change.

    Russ> What do you think?

I agree with those who believe this would be a bad idea. I often read
IETf mail on airplanes where downloading an attachment would be
problematic.  It is much less common for me to want to download IETF
messages where I have any concerns about bandwidth.