Re: SIDR WG Virtual Interim Meeting, March 24, 2012

2012-03-16 06:40:33
Ted

I knew that SIDR was planning to hold this meeting.

The SIDR WG currently needs more interaction time
than can be accommodated within IETF week.

I verified with a number of IESG colleagues that
holding a meeting adjacent to an IETF meeting was
within the guidelines. The important point is that
it is an addition and not a replacement for a normal
IETF WG meeting. Any outcome from the interim
(together with the results of their previous interim)
will be reported at the start of the  SIDR WG session
later that week in Paris.

As a VM the WG Chairs can call this provided
they give two weeks notice to the appropriate lists.
Two weeks notice was given on the SIDR list.
I accept the chairs explanation that the failure to
copy iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org was a genuine emailing
error, and that they had intended to follow correct
procedure.

No one raised any concerns on the SIDR list to the
meeting when it was announced.

It is my view  that the meeting is useful in
progressing the SIDR work and that despite the
procedural error by the SIDR Chairs the VM
should go ahead as planned.

Stewart