Re: Issues relating to managing a mailing list...

2012-03-16 08:28:49

"Pete" == Pete Resnick <presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> writes:
    Pete> (*mumble*) Folks, let's please not try to engineer around user
    Pete> silliness. User silliness will occur no matter what tools we
    Pete> provide.

    Pete> Anybody can get a place on Dropbox or elsewhere and put a URL
    Pete> to their stuff into an email message. The problem is not that
    Pete> the tool isn't there. The problem is that people don't use
    Pete> it. They attach dumb things instead of pointing to them. Or
    Pete> worse they paste them inline, making it even harder for people
    Pete> who use tools that can avoid attachments from having to deal
    Pete> with them. What we need is better decisions and a bit more
    Pete> considerateness by senders of email, not more things to let
    Pete> them continue being dumb.

+1000.

If they can't figure out to produce a URL, then *I* say, they aren't
tall enough to post to an IETF mailing list.

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.