Re: Issues relating to managing a mailing list...

2012-03-15 05:53:41
It will be more work, but going to mixed connectivity solution addresses the old, current and new. Going online will serve better the rebirth on online connectivity, mixed bandwidths and smaller devices. Using forums via web, newsgroups with email components has long been part of the RFC-based MUA.

But even for companies that have gone with mixed connectivity with RFC based and Online Web forums, going to Online web access may be inevitable. Microsoft is a prime example after nearly 30 years it abandoned the newsgroups for online forums early last year. To help with the transition, several NNTP Bridges were written to allow for users familiar with their favorite MUA Email/News Readers to use the online forums. That is what I did when Microsoft migration NNTP bridge was too poor. So I wrote WcLEX (Wildcat! Live Exchange) http://opensite.winserver.com/wclex

There is plenty of open source BBS forums for the web that offers a wide degree of group ware support features. Some many already have component to allow members to receive list mail via email accounts which came after much request to offer the "legacy" mode.

I suggest to keep the current mode, and look at Online BBS forums as a migration, and it may also using calendaring many always come with and also probably be able to augment the Online IETF Meeting efforts.

Go West.

---
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com

Riccardo Bernardini wrote:
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Francesco Gennai