Re: Last Call: <draft-betts-itu-oam-ach-code-point-03.txt>(Allocation of an Associated Channel Code Point for Use byITU-T Ethernet based OAM) to Informational RFC

2012-03-21 16:01:58
Yes/Support.

I also support the following comment from Mr.Tom Petch.

"There is no reason not to approve the allocation of a code point
and furthermore, I believe we should do it now, to facilitate the migration of the existing boxes to an approved solution."

It is very difficult for me to find the reason that a Generic Associated Channel Type for ITU-T MPLS-TP OAM cannot be allocated, considering the following points.

-Request from ITU-T(LS370 - Current status of Recommendation ITU-T G.8113.1/Y.1372.1, Operations, Administration and Maintenance mechanism for MPLS-TP in Packet Transport Network (PTN)) which I think reflects a strong demand for G.8113.1 in transport networks which sustain Internet all over the world.
-Necessity to continue cooperation and collaboration with ITU-T
-Expected difficulties to progress G.8113.1 OAM protocol based on Rough Consensus in IETF

IMHO, this is the case that the IETF leverages standards that are defined and maintained by other organizations; we continue to work with those organizations on their standards and do not attempt to take them over.

Best regards,

Yoshinori

may
be