Re: Evil bit (RFC3514) finally implemented

2012-04-02 13:11:23

On 1 Apr 2012, at 15:36, Martin Sustrik wrote:

Hi all,

During yesterday's takedown of the Internet [1] it has become painstakingly
obvious that the ability to distinguish malicious packets in a quick and
efficient manner is one of the most pressing security concerns of today.

Thus, RFC3514 (a.k.a. "evil" bit) [2] support was implemented [3] in the Linux
kernel today.

It is our hope that other operating systems and network devices will follow the
suite soon and help us make Internet a safer and more welcoming place for
everyone!

Hey, they can't do that!  I've got a real use for it...

See
draft-bellis-behave-natpresent-00<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bellis-behave-natpresent-00>

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bellis-behave-natpresent-00

Ray