Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC Review of draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status-10

2012-04-30 13:32:41

On Apr 30, 2012, at 12:25 PM, Stewart Bryant wrote:

Hi Ben

Thank you for your review.

The IANA policy is stated as IETF Review (end of first para in IANA)

Okay, I guess I just missed it.

The normative text is deliberate - this was part of the change that we needed
to make.

Then as a reviewer, I think the proposed text is a bit confusing, as a
paragraph describing how one element operates seems to make a normative
requirement on the behavior of a different element. It would be better to make
that assertion in the description of behavior for that other element. This is
not a big deal, and certainly not a show stopper if people are attached to the
current approach. It's just a personal opinion.

(Sorry, I'd offer more specifics, but am not in a position to pull up the text
at the moment, so I'm responding from memory. I will look again when I get the
chance.)

Thanks!

Ben.