Gen-ART LC Review of draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status-10

2012-04-26 19:05:57
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

you may receive.

Document:  (Proposed RFC 6478) (was draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status-10)
Reviewer: Ben Campbell
Review Date:  2012-04-26
IETF LC End Date:  2012-04-30

**** Note: This draft has previously been approved as RFC 6478, but I
understand we are last calling it again due to some material changes in AUTH48.
Therefore this is a review of the diff between revision 10 and the text at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc6478.txt ****

The edited text is essentially ready for publication, but I have a couple of
minor issues that might should be considered first.

Major issues:

None

Minor issues:

-- 5.3, last paragraph:

The last sentence changed from a non-normative statement to "This SHOULD cause
the PE sending the PW status notification message with a PW status code equal
to zero to stop sending and to continue normal operation."

Is that really intended as a normative statement, or a statement of fact? I
suspect it's the latter, but if the former, then it should be stated more of
the form "If the sending PE receives ... it SHOULD stop ..."

-- IANA considerations:

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see a registration policy for adding things to
the new registry. This wasn't an AUTH48 change, but it should probably be there.