Re: Gen-art last call review of draft-ietf-codec-opus-12.txt (completed)

2012-05-14 14:24:24
Hi Elwyn,
At 08:06 14-05-2012, Elwyn Davies wrote:
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on

[snip]

of work seems to be a tour de force on behalf of its developers.  It is
certainly one of the (if not the) most technically complex pieces of
work that has been presented to the IETF, and is far more mathematically
complex and rigorous than our usual run of standards.  It is also

Let me say that this is one of the best Gen-ART reviews I have read. It is not easy to review draft-ietf-codec-opus-12. I agree that it is the most technically complex piece of work within all IETF areas. The normative choice made by the WG is highly unusual. The alternative would be much more work; it might even be an unworkable option.

Regards,
-sm