Colloquial language [Re: Last Call: <draft-hoffman-tao4677bis-15.txt> (The Tao of IETF: A Novice's Guide to the Internet Engineering Task Force) to Informational RFC]

2012-05-31 01:37:08
On 2012-05-31 02:49, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
Overall I continue to think that this is a helpful document, as were its
predecessors.

That said, I would assume that many potential readers of this document
are not native English speakers. Thus I suggest that the more colloquial
words and phrases might best be changed to more standard English.

Have we any evidence that this is a problem for the community? The informal
style is one of the virtues of the Tao. I'd be sorry to lose it.

Maybe we can ask some of the people concerned, such as recent presenters
of the Newcomers tutorial in languages other than English.

    Brian