Re: Last Call: <draft-hoffman-tao4677bis-15.txt> (The Tao of IETF: A Novice's Guide to the Internet Engineering Task Force) to Informational RFC

2012-05-31 03:33:26

On 5/31/2012 8:22 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:
The Tao mentions that we meet once a year in each region.  I don't think
that's true for Asia at this point.  The text might call out that we
meet where there are participants, or words that the IAOC might provide.

The relatively recent change in policy is to average one meeting in each region every year. The current departure from that policy is due to logistics and cost issues, not a change in policy.

Hence, possible language could be:

   The IETF policy is to meeting in each region once a year, as possible.

Or the like.

d/

ps.  this note is a personal offering, not an IAOC one.

--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking