[Fwd: Re: Last Call: <draft-hoffman-tao4677bis-15.txt> (The Tao of IETF: A Novice's Guide to the Internet Engineering Task Force) to Informational RFC]

2012-06-09 19:13:42
Looks like this didn't get through the first time.

From: Glen Zorn <glenzorn(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: glenzorn(_at_)cmail(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-hoffman-tao4677bis-15.txt> (The Tao of
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 08:03:14 +0700

On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 16:09 -0700, Paul Hoffman wrote:

  • The Tao mentions that we meet once a year in each region.  I don't
think that's true for Asia at this point.  The text might call out that
we meet where there are participants, or words that the IAOC might
provide.

It doesn't say that. It says "approximately once a year in each region".
That is still true.

A quick check of the "Upcoming IETF Meetings" calendar
(http://www.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming.html) shows that the next meeting
in Asia is scheduled for November 2015, while the last was November
2011.  How does a 4 year gap map to "approximately once a year"?