Re: [Fwd: Re: Last Call: <draft-hoffman-tao4677bis-15.txt> (The Tao of IETF: A Novice's Guide to the Internet Engineering Task Force) to Informational RFC]

2012-06-10 10:48:09
The intended rotation cycle is still 1-1-1 for NA-EU-AP regions, but
it's all dependent on finding suitable and available venues and
willing hosts and sponsors. Changing the text of the document would
imply a change in "policy" or "normal state of things" which there
hasn't been.

Hmm.  So a dream world is the normal state of things...I guess really
should read this thing, if only to discover what other fantasies have
been made "real" through the magic of rough consensus.

Gee, while we're at it, perhaps we should remind novices that the
best way to make progress is to send snarky comments rather than
revised text.

Old:

   Currently, the IETF meets in North America, Europe, and Asia,
   approximately once a year in each region.

New:

   Currently, the IETF meets in North America, Europe, and Asia.  The
   intention is to meet once a year in each region, although due to scheduling
   issues there are often more meetings in North America and fewer in Asia.

R's,
John