Re: Proposed IETF 95 Date Change

2012-07-20 14:09:06
At 12:29 PM 7/20/2012, Fred Baker (fred) wrote:

On Jul 20, 2012, at 9:36 AM, Joel jaeggli wrote:

> On 7/20/12 09:06 , IETF Administrative Director wrote:
>> The IAOC is seeking community feedback on a proposed date change for IETF 95
>> scheduled for March 2016.
>>
>> Currently IETF 95 is scheduled for 27 March to 1 April 2016. 27 March is Easter.
>>
>> The IAOC is proposing IETF 95 be rescheduled for 20 - 25 March 2016 and would like >> feedback on those dates before making a decision. Comments appreciated to ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
>> by 6 August 2012.
>
> 20 march is palm sunday on the western calender.
>
> If one's a conflict presumably the other is too...

I personally avoid being away from home on Easter, and would prefer that the IETF meeting avoid it.

Yes, Palm Sunday is a question, but not quite on the same scale as Easter. I will note, however, that Good Friday (the Friday before Easter) is a national holiday in a number of countries. People schedule vacations around that weekend.

My suggestion: take the week of April 3 or later.

I agree Easter is a date to avoid, but am not offering which way to move the meeting. April 3rd of later seems interesting, but does start to impact the interval between this meeting and the summer one.

James