Re: Proposed IETF 95 Date Change

2012-07-22 14:39:49
On 7/22/12 11:25 AM, John Levine wrote:
I believe it, but remember that the issue was to minimize daylight fasting
during the North American summer.

Moderate temperatures were thrown into the mix, which I guess provides
a pretty good illustration of the challenges of making everybody happy.
Frankly, I understand that some people have health challenges that
make it important to avoid very hot weather but for the most part I
think people should stop being such delicate flowers and just deal with
it (and I say this as someone who really, really dislikes hot weather).

At any rate, I'm really not sure what to do about the religious holiday
situation although I tend to agree that it might not be a terrible idea
to treat all religions equally, even if ultimately that means ignoring
all religious holidays for scheduling purposes.

Melinda