Re: Proposed IETF 95 Date Change

2012-07-21 08:56:01

On Jul 21, 2012, at 10:00 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:

I'd support a date change for IETF 95 but it should be the week of the
14th to take into account Palm Sunday and Good Friday.  As to Ramadan, I
too would like to understand if there is a need to take this holiday
into account, and what would be the practical way to do that?

My Moslem coworkers, some more observant, some less so, all come to work on
Ramadan. Ramadan lasts a whole month (well, a whole lunar cycle), and involves
fasting from sunrise to sunset. This is relatively OK when Ramadan falls in
winter, but more painful when it falls in summer.

This year Ramadan started yesterday, and ends on August 19. Moving the meeting
one week in either direction would not have helped.

Yoav