Re: [IAOC] Feedback Requested on Draft Fees Policy

2012-07-22 10:08:51
On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<hallam(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
In theory yes, a signed document would be sufficient.

In practice it would then require an expert witness at $400/hr to
explain that it meant it was authentic.

The depositions are typically to state that the RFC's etc. posted on
line are, to the best of our knowledge and ability, the true RFC's,
etc. So, there would likely still need to be depositions stating that,
signed documents or no.

Remember the basic way that subpoenas work : The IETF is served with a
legal document _demanding_ something, backed by the force of law.

Yes, we typically then point out that much of what they want is
available on line, and frequently negotiate with opposing counsel to
moderate demands for depositions,  etc., but, in the end, we propose,
the judge and opposing counsel dispose. That  won't change.

Regards
Marshall

The schedule of fees seems a reasonable response to a real cost being
imposed on the organization.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Richard L. Barnes