RE: Oauth blog post

2012-08-02 15:59:26
From: Murray S. Kucherawy [superuser(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]

I think it's impossible to determine with certainty whether someone
standing at the mic and asserting a position is doing so based on what
an employer is insisting on doing, or that person's opinion.

But it is possible, over a period of time, to get a good estimate of
whether someone promotes technically poor solutions that are
commercially advantageous for their employers.

Indeed, relative to our fundamental principle of openness, "All may
speak; not all are listened to.", in order to be listened to, someone
has to spend some time to establish a reputation for technical quality
of their contributions, and not being a shill for poor ideas advanced
by their employers.

Dale