Re: Oauth blog post

2012-08-02 16:51:18
Hi SM,

On Jul 30, 2012, at 10:21 AM, SM wrote:

Hi Hannes,
At 12:19 PM 7/29/2012, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
The IETF allows open participation and, as such, everyone, including
companies that develop enterprise software, are free to participate in the
discussions.

Do you think open participation is wrong?

It depends on what open participation means in the above.  If it is open
participation by companies, I don't have any problem with it as long as the
relevant BCPs are updated to reflect that.

I believe you know what open participation in the IETF means.

In fact, for the IETF openness means more than for many other SDOs where "open"
means you can join if you pay a substantial amount of money every year.