Re: Meeting "lounges" at IETF meetings

2012-08-03 18:44:13
On 3 Aug 2012, at 22:56, Mary Barnes
<mary(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)barnes(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

The issue that I experienced (and why I'm fussing)  is that if you were
attending many sessions in the Regency rooms (and moving rooms between
sessions), it was extremely difficult to weave your way through the corridor
as many people were having their discussion directly in the middle of the
corridor.  There just was not room in that corridor for side conversations.
The situation was made worse as that corridor was where they served the
refreshments.   And trying to ask people politely to move generally had no
impact in my experience as people were too engaged in their conversations.

The corridor congestion when food was served was the only minor nit in an
otherwise excellent meeting.  The wireless, the facilities etc were all top
notch.

Tim