Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC Review of draft-ietf-websec-strict-transport-sec-11

2012-08-10 09:19:35
Jeff and I had a f2f discussion about this point in Vancouver. To paraphrase
(and I assume he will correct me if if I mischaracterize anything), Jeff
indicated that this really wasn't a MUST level requirement due to the variation
and vagaries in application behavior and abilities. Rather, it's more of a "do
the best you can" sort of thing. Specifically, he indicated that an
implementation that chose to go ahead and serve unprotected content due to the
listed caveats on redirecting to HTTPS would necessarily be out-of-compliance.

If the requirement really that you SHOULD NOT (rather than MUST NOT) serve
unprotected content, then I think the original language is okay.

Thanks!

Ben.

On Aug 9, 2012, at 6:03 PM, Alexey Melnikov