Re: [IAB] Last Call: Modern Global Standards Paradigm

2012-08-13 01:51:01
On 13/08/2012 04:03, Michael StJohns wrote:
We've - collectively, through process established over many years - selected
a team of our colleagues to perform a circumscribed set of tasks.  Efficiency
suggests we should mostly stand back and let them get on with it.

At the risk of being at the top of the next "Narten" list, I can't help adding
that in the matter of liaison with other SDOs, our process formally states
that the IAB "acts as representative of the interests of the IETF and the
Internet Society". (See the same clause of BCP 39 that I cited yesterday.)

   Brian