RE: [ippm] Fwd: Liaison Statement from the Broadband Forum

2012-09-04 10:26:20
I kind of like the idea of a liaison, as due to the work already done in the
IETF there is no need to re-invent already proven standards and procedures
and both sides may actually benefit.

Any actions already in place / planned?

Best regards
Reinhard Schrage
t:      +49 (0) 5137 909540
m:      +49 (0) 172  26.36.046
reinhard(_at_)schrageconsult(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: ippm-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ippm-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Ruediger(_dot_)Geib(_at_)telekom(_dot_)de
Sent: 10 August 2012 08:34
To: matt(_at_)internet2(_dot_)edu
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; ippm(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ippm] Fwd: Liaison Statement from the Broadband Forum

Matt,

I've read the liaision statement. The BBF informs us, that they plan to
"create a standard set of Broadband performance metrics to address on-going
regulatory, and consumer performance information needs."

BBF asks for guidance and support. From the document I couldn't identify the
architecture. I personally think IPPM members may volunteer to suggest IETF
metrics to BBF. But to me that requires that the architecture is clearly
defined (by BBF).

Regards,

Ruediger