Re: Proposed IETF Meeting Calendar 2018 - 2022

2012-09-07 07:09:34
Tom,

the overlap with school holidays might be true from some perspective,
but the two countries (Sweden and Philippines) I'm most familiar with
show that if there is a goal to avoid that it is not doable.
In Sweden there is school holidays from around June 10th and into
August. In the Philippines the school starts around June 10th.

/Loa

On 2012-09-07 13:42, t.p. wrote:
We seem to have adopted a policy of making the summer meeting overlap
what is for me the start of school holidays, and a time to avoid
travelling.

I used to think of IETF54, IETF57 and IETF66 as the norm and anything
else as an aberration, but now it seems the reverse is true.

Incidentally, I notice that we are now staying well away from that other
holiday season, sometimes known in the Western world as 'Easter', which
seems prudent.

Tom Petch