Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-07 08:30:37

On 9/7/2012 2:42 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:
"An I-D will only be removed from the public I-D archive if legally
required to do so."

That is where I was aiming, albeit with s/will/may/.  Again, I recommend
that Jorge review.  Nothing in this policy should REQUIRE the IESG to
act, or set that expectation.

The IESG should not be /required/ to honor a court order?

In addition, the more discretion the policy affords the IESG, the more it can -- unintentionally, of course -- run the risk of doing censoring.

But yes, the draft policy text needs to be vetted by counsel.

d/

--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking