Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-11 09:00:19
 Or we can voluntarily
turn the trend around, one step at a time, starting with
rejecting this proposed statement in favor of discretion,
flexibility, and intelligence (and definitely not a statement/
policy of even more complexity) and maybe even including "do we
really have resources for this" among the criteria used to
evaluate the creation or continuation of WGs.

+1

If the IESG doesn't have the native intelligence to figure out how to
deal with a removal request based on the facts of the specific
request, we have a problem no set of rules can solve.  (Personally, I
don't think we have that problem.)

It might be useful to ask Jorge to prepare a note about dealing with
DMCA notices which are not court orders, but do require a response.
Or since the DMCA has been in effect for 14 years and we have yet to
get the first notice, we could save time and money drop the topic
unless and until the issue arises.

There are a whole lot of hypothetical threats that the IETF might have
to deal with someday, or not.  Life is not long enough to make plans
for all of them.

R's,
John