Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-13 17:11:38

On 9/13/2012 3:08 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:
The IETF Chair may decide to removed an I-D from the public I-D archive.

This defines the IETF Chair as Chief Censor, with no written policy
guidance.  That is, deletion is at the whimsy of the Chair.

Is that really what we (and the Chair) want?

I very much agree.  I'm happy with the decision being the consensus of
a board, but not giving it to an individual.

Not that you've said something to exclude this, but I want to make sure we don't lose the second part:

I believe we /do/ need a written policy that has been reviewed by legal counsel. Even with a group -- versus individual -- we should not create possible charges of censorship up to the personal whims of the moment.

d/

--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking