Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-13 18:59:57
     I believe we /do/ need a written policy that has been reviewed by
legal counsel.  Even with a group -- versus individual -- we should not
create possible charges of censorship up to the personal whims of the
moment.

Censorship?  Sheesh.

The IETF is not the government.  We have no obligation to anyone to
publish anything, nor can we keep anyone from publishing anything on
the 99.99999% of the Internet that the IETF does not control.

As I think I've said several times before, if we think the IESG would
start gratuitously deleting stuff, we have much worse problems than
any policy statement could solve.

R's,
John