Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-13 16:59:39

On 9/13/2012 2:35 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:
OLD
An I-D will only be removed from the public I-D archive in compliance
with a duly authorized court order.

NEW
The IETF Chair may decide to removed an I-D from the public I-D archive.

This defines the IETF Chair as Chief Censor, with no written policy guidance. That is, deletion is at the whimsy of the Chair.

Is that really what we (and the Chair) want?

Given possible legal implications of claimed unfair treatment of a document, that's pretty onerous exposure for the Chair.

d/

--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking