Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-14 05:40:13

--On Thursday, September 13, 2012 23:59 +0000 John Levine
<johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:

Censorship?  Sheesh.
As I think I've said several times before, if we think the
IESG would start gratuitously deleting stuff, we have much
worse problems than any policy statement could solve.

+1
Exactly.

The jump from "what do we do with the range of
seemingly-legitimate request from an outside party to remove a
document from public view" to "if give flexibility, the IETF
might use it to start removing (or censoring) documents they
don't like" seems incredible to me.

     john