Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-14 08:27:33
On 9/13/2012 8:40 PM, John Levine wrote:
I'm not sure I understand this analogy.  Are you saying that there are
IPR issues related to making expired drafts available?
Yes. Depends on the IDs, when they were authored, and which version of
the boilerplate they contain.
Can you give a concrete example of an I-D with this problem?  I don't ever
recall a time when the grant of rights to the IETF had a time limit.
They dont - and this is the problem. It means that there is no revision control in the license and NO ONE HAS TO USE OR IMPLEMENT ANY SPECIFIC SET OF SERVICES. It also means that there is no way to pull anything - even stolen or unauthorized materials once licensed.

Todd

R's,
John

-----