Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-16 09:11:28
On 9/14/2012 7:38 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 07:24:12AM -0700, tglassey wrote:
For instance - how do you deal with an ID which was originally
published under one set of IP rights and another later one - or a
derivative work which is published under a separate set of rights -
which functionally contravenes or sets aside those original rights
authorizations?

This is a serious issue.
Indeed, it is, and if anybody would provide examples where we've had
this problem, I would be standing in line to argue that indeed we need
to make a policy and write stuff down.
I want to clarify what you are asking for in this statement - what specifically would satisfy this request here?

Todd

Instead, the best anyone comes up with is (1) artificial examples of
stuff that might happen someday maybe if someone does something wrong
and (2) one-off cases that are incredibly tricky anyway.

poor track record with protocols for which there is no obvious
immediate need (indeed, even when there's an obvious immediate need,
we often screw it up).  Why would policy be different?

going to be exceptions anyway.

//Confidential Mailing - Please destroy this if you are not the intended
recipient.