Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-21 21:00:25

On 9/21/2012 6:41 PM, David Morris wrote:

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012, Dave Crocker wrote:

While entries in the I-D Repository are subject to change or removal
at any time,

They are?  Is this new?  I thought the only established removal policy was the
regular 6-month timeout.

Can't the author replace the repository version at any time AND can't that
replacement effectively delete it by sending minimal boilerplate to
pass any format testing.

Fair point.

Except that 'replacing' seems a bit different than 'deleting'.

While yes it deletes the old version, the effect of a replacement seems significantly different than is intended by the text (and the topic of the Subject line.)

d/
--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking