Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-24 12:16:27
Dave:

This second basis looks sufficiently broad and vague to invite its
own abuse and certainly inconsistent application.  Did IETF counsel
express comfort with this language?

Counsel has been consulted.  After exchanging several messages, this
is the resulting text.  This text was never a part that was edited in
the exchange.

You are saying that IETF Counsel did not offer comment on this bit of text?

Actually, I note that you didn't actually answer my question:  Does the IETF
Counsel like the text?

While counsel offered comment on other parts of the text, none were offered on
the part you cite.  I am sure that comments would have been offered on the part
you cite if it caused concern.

Russ